Waste of server space.
I can't understand why anyone would think that this would be a good idea to submit to newgrounds. "yeah they're nice people who will love to play another dress up game." No one wants these useless submissions. They only way dress up games stick around on newgrounds are when they're hentai.
Good game, good playstyle, but the sound effect for collecting the orbs sounds like your guy is screaming every time. Gets sort of annoying.
Well done engine.
This is the start to something nice. I think if you could utilize this in creating some sort of strategy based RPG (assuming you continue to use the top down view) you could probably kick out a nice game. good work.
good start, keep it going!
Alright you have potential here. Possible additions to make this game more challenging:
1. put a natural decline to peach's elevation as the level progresses, where you need to either be pushed up by intermittent gusts of wind, or press a button to gain altitude.
2. Put a pendulum motion to peach's neutral movement. When the player is not moving peach side to side, she should have a natural swing that takes her at an angle. This would make firing at enemies a bit more challenging and would add in a "timed shot" sort of element.
3. Power ups! increased movement speed, bigger turnips, mushroom, (make peach bigger,) Mini mushroom (makes peach smaller) points multipliers, 1 up mushrooms etc.
4, harder enemies, with more hits to fell.
5. Maybe consider putting in extra lives and reducing the health of peach.
6. More enemies. :) i got tired of seeing the same shy guy over and over. Even something as simple as color differentiation would give more flavor to the game. Perhaps bosses floating in hot air balloons? Lakitu is a natural air enemy from mario, as well as the Sun from Mario 3, Birds from mario 2, So many options!!!
7. Nthing sound changes for peach. putting in a little more differentiation keeps things from getting spoiled too quickly.
8. put some animation to the characters!!!! adding something as simple as a little wind ruffle to peach's dress or to her parasol to make us feel like we're floating and not stagnant. Enemy animations could just be flapping arms, to keep it simple.
9. Boo, a great idea for a boss. HOWEVER, you used him as the only boss and he was not challenging whatsoever. how about making it so that your shots phase through boo when he turns invisible?
10. Change the backgrounds every level! every time you defeat a boss, make a slight change to the background level to keep it fresh.
Overall, this was a well done framework for a game, but its not complete. I would love to see the finished product with a bit more variance. The backgrounds were well drawn!!
Amazing review, we're releasing a Mario version of this game and we'll work on adding all this features to the next release! Thanks A LOT for all of the suggestions, indeedly useful review!
Sirey is right,
You can smash the mouse button to get everything in the parameteres. maybe you should limit the mouse clicks for the sequence.
Good game, just no one plays right.
Very cool game, but maybe put in a punishment system for those who enter a game and burn out the draw time. It makes it impossible for people who want to play, to get anywhere, due to half of the players flaking out, and turning it in to a virtual waiting room. The game itself is very well done, very professional, and i'm sure the people at post-it really enjoyed it as well.
Social commentary on media
This game makes me think about the media frenzy and how skewed our press can be today. I see this piece as a social commentary about the fogginess of journalism, their ability to create a shade of gray out of a seemingly black and white idea. The polarization of the main character throughout the game just leads me to believe that our opinions on matters that are crucial (judging this by the fact that the citizens are manic, waving around signs and what looks to be pitchforks or spears or something of the sort), can be changed at the mere spoken word of a peer. Once the player converts multiple times, he finds himself in his own ditch, his own shade of gray. At this point the citizens come from both sides, black and white, in a tirade amongst the city, lost within the own stories of one man (agency, network, president, anything!). The people are blindly converted to and from their original viewpoints and continue to do so until the main character is rendered void, and the masses take over. This has been quite a nice piece you have made gentlemen. Well done.
You have good taste in music for quite the...
distatesful game. But i love it. 5'd for Christina Peck & Friends ;)
10'd for pointless sex and violence.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.